WELCOME to ahhhhs... my M.O.M. blog!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Bio

J9 is my name (or what I like to be called) -look hard at Janine, got it? Let me help... Ja-nine. Ah ha! I knew you'd get it! Now, pronunciation is another story. Moving on...

I was born in Walla Walla, WA and raised in KS. A long list of craziness later (we'll get into childhood oddities later) and I found myself studying undergraduate psychology (one of my many passions) at FHSU where I met the dislike-of-my-life. No, really I disliked him very much (other emotions could be used here, but we're being positive remember?)... long story short, we both grew in many ways-- the only one worth mentioning here is together and pledged our vows to FOREVER in June 2004. After running a farm, dealing with a landlord, and blazin' trails in Hawaii, we rented a "fixer-upper" (understatement) in E-town and I found my 2nd calling-- youth minister. After one trying year of growth and learning with a few sad moments (2 angels in heaven, although as I always believed but had not experienced until then-- suffering is a blessing in disguise) and another super exciting and pukie moment(s)-- I had a little heart-beat within (not going to try to put that into words right now)... Carl found his 2nd calling and big break (Mgr. at a "local" home products Co.--we couldn't be prouder!) in his hometown so off we trekked to the in-laws house (they graciously let us live there until we found our own place) and the adventure continued...
Several hundred highway miles to the birth center in Yoder, KS, many resources on various topics: bargain shopping, pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, thoughtful parenting, Dr.Sears, babywearing, married vocation, raising saints and what the Catholic church teaches about breastfeeding, yoga poses, holistic thinking, hot water pulse showers, yummy mummy & TLC episodes, several consignment sales (my favs), an online mom community, hours of research (BOOKS), twelve birth classes, pictures, magazine clippings, food diaries, refreshing my ASL signing skills, pilates, meditative exercises, river/zoo/mall/target-walks, and 6 hrs of natural labor later we were blessed with the most beautiful copper-topped, brown-eyed, gentle-souled, snuggle-bug, baby girl... Bailee Elizabeth.

I read recently, "two things must be nurtured in the home: love and self-sacrifice." Sincere parental love gives a child security, purpose, and direction. Self-sacrifice remains the basis of order in the home. That is what I feel God has called me to... the HOME... I feel so blessed to be able to say that confidently-- I'm a uber happy wife who was guided to her best-half and M.O.M. (mom on a mission) to Miss Bailee "B". She has changed my life... physically, emotionally, spiritually, and any other 'ally you can think of. I am so blessed. I can only hope that God has other little ones in our future.
"A person's a person no matter how small"
~Horton (Dr.Seuss)

Almost the same time I helped bring Bailee into the world, I accepted another youth minister position at SEAS and after another 14mos. of growth and struggles, my heart couldn't take it anymore... I needed to be home to raise my own children right now. I couldn't keep working this much and taking her to babysitter after babysitter, watching her cry in her sleep, have her cling to me when I was there... she needs her MOM. So, just recently (Oct. 1, '07) I resigned to focus on the HOME entirely, tough decision for SO many reasons, but it's where I am called at this time. See SEAS appreciation and farewell. And now I'm a happy but somewhat lost SAHM.

So, that's where I came from (in a nutshell--haha!)

No comments: